Camp Daniel prides itself on programming that gives ALL campers lots of opportunities for entertainment, fellowship, and activities. Our campers have a wide range of abilities and interests, so our programming does as well. We offer camp-wide recreation times throughout the week, where campers and counselors ALL participate to together in group games. During all of those activities, we encourage everyone to stay engaged and cheer for their teammates. There’s also sports announcers for play-by-play highlights, and in the background we play music to match the spirit of the activity. This multi-layered system offers entertainment for those actively playing the game and also for those who are currently watching the game.
Camp Daniel offers typical summer camp activities like: swimming, fishing, archery, basketball, paddle-boats, carpet ball, bocce ball, horseshoes, kickball, kayaks, nature walks, evening dances and volleyball.
Less physical camp activities that we feature are: crafts, talent shows, drive-in movie night, art contest, day spa, tea party, board games, and cardmaking.
Don’t forget meals! Since we seem to spend so much time in the dining hall each day, the Camp Daniel staff decided several years ago to make each meal it’s own form of entertainment that everyone can participate in. We now have Themed Meals for 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 5 dinners! Every meal is a different theme, each with themed background and sing-a-long music, costumes, meal, decorations and a host character. Many feature special musical guests and choreographed performances. Theme meals change each year, so check out the packing list for this year’s Themed Meal list.
The base fee for one week of summer camp is $445.
There is a $45 discount for completed applications before the May 19th deadline. A completed application includes:
- A submitted online application
- Fees paid
- Physician Form, completely filled out, signed by doctor and submitted to Camp Daniel.
- For new campers, we also need a photo of the applicant.
If an Agency/County is paying-
- There is no discount.
The amount of spending money that is sent to camp is up to you, but we recommend –
- $20-$30 for the snack stand, and
- $25-$75 for the gift shop.
Spending money is normally sent in with camp fee, but you may send at any time, or bring with to camp check-in.
Please review the requirements for bringing medications to camp.
- All regularly scheduled medications, including over-the-counter medications and vitamins/supplements will be reviewed by the nurse at check-in.
- For campers taking 1-2 medications, they may be:
- pre-packaged (bubble packed) with pharmacy Rx label attached OR
- sent to camp in the original container with accurate, unaltered pharmacy Rx label
- For campers taking 3 or more medications/supplements per day:
- They MUST be pre-packaged by pharmacy in a multi-dose system, where each med time for each day has one container/compartment for all medications to be administered at that time.
- Only exceptions are for liquids, drops, powders and lotions. Although these prescribed medications do not need to be bubble packed, they must have an Accurate Rx Label from the pharmacy.
- Please request this at the pharmacy as soon as possible and ask for bubble-packed, pill-packed, or other pre-packaged forms for their session at camp.
- Most independent or local pharmacies will be able to do so for a small fee.
- Only send enough medication for the duration of camp. (3-4pm on Sunday to 9-10am on Saturday)
- Please adjust camper’s medication schedule to match camp’s medication schedule. (8A/12P/5P/8P)
- Please provide any specialty supplies necessary for the proper administration of medicine. Ex: syringes, test strips, tubing, droppers.